Finally… a Micro Dyne system designed specifically for your micro motors!
With over 50 years’ experience in dynamometer design and torque measurement, Magtrol has revolutionized the industry. Magtrol’s NEW Micro Dyne, capable of measuring extremely low torques (2.0 mN·m can be resolved to 0.0004 mN·m), is DESIGNED EXCLUSIVELY for testing miniature and micro motors.
For the utmost convenience, the Micro Dyne is packaged as a COMPLETE MOTOR TESTING SYSTEM. Everything that is needed to accurately and efficiently test miniature motors and micro motors is included with the purchase of a Magtrol Micro Dyne. The only component that needs to be supplied by the customer is a laptop or desktop personal computer and a motor power supply.
Magtrol motor test systems can be found in test labs, at inspection stations, and on the manufacturing floors of most of the world’s leading motor manufacturers. The Micro Dyne system is used exclusively for closed-loop testing of miniature motors and micro motors used in low-torque/high-speed applications.
Motor sub-types include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Brushed and brushless DC motors
- Miniature stepper motors
- Brushless DC servomotors
- Vibrator motors
- Miniature air motors
These mini/micro motors are used in a diverse range of industries and products, including:
- Medical and laboratory equipment
- Robotics and automation
- Handheld communication devices
- Audio/video equipment
- Optics and photonics
- Aerospace and defense
- Security and instrumentation
- Industrial machinery
- Designed SPECIFICALLY for miniature and micro motors
- Torque: Easily convertible from 2.0 mN·m to 4.0 mN·m (0.28 oz·in to 0.57 oz·in)
- Speed: up to 100,000 rpm
- Power: 4 W
- Low inertia
- Banner D10 Expert™ Fiber Optic Sensor (located on the side of the electronics box on older models)
- Keyence FS-N10 Series Digital Fiber Sensor (located inside the dynamometer enclosure of the new model)
Sold as a complete, out-of-the-box motor testing system. Components include:
- Hysteresis Dynamometer: provides precise torque loading independent of shaft speed
- Motor Fixture: accommodates motors from 5 mm to 30 mm in diameter.
- Dedicated Electronics: all-in-one dynamometer controller, wattmeter, power relay and USB interface
- Comprehensive Motor Testing Software: new version of Magtrol’s M‑TEST 7, updated for the Micro Dyne
- Easy-to-use calibration software
- All necessary connection cables
- Calibration weights: 5 g and 10 g
The Micro Dyne dynamometer absorbs power with Magtrol’s unique Hysteresis Braking System. Because it does not require speed to create torque, the dynamometer can conduct a full motor ramp—from free-run to locked rotor.
In addition to a dedicated motor fixture, the dynamometer base plate also includes leveling knobs and motor power terminals. The housing of the dynamometer protects all the moving parts of the brake.
At the hub of the Micro Dyne system is a multifunctional electronic unit. The unit employs DSP technology for high-speed data acquisition and complete PC control of the dynamometer. A USB receptacle enables easy connection to a personal computer. An integrated DC wattmeter reads volts and amps, and calculates watts; and a built-in power relay controls motor power (on/off).
The front panel includes the terminals for motor power in/out and voltage sensing. LED power and communication indicators are located on the rear panel of the unit.
Attached to the dynamometer base plate is a motor fixture designed expressly for micro/miniature motors. The base of the fixture features an XYZ stage with 3-axis positioning for excellent adjustability and motor centering. With the included adapters, motors from 5 mm to 30 mm in diameter can be easily mounted. The fixture is keyed to help secure the motor under test and a rubber strap with knurled cam grip provides motor clamping.